Vice President of Operations
Company: Food Services of America, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Apply Now - Food Services of America Careers - Vice President of
Operations - Spokane in Spokane, Washington - Careers at Food
Services of America Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Vice President of Operations - Spokane Job ID 2020-7169
Job Location US-WA-Spokane Working Hours 8-5 Overview US Foods is
one of America's great food companies and a leading foodservice
distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and
foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly
25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its
customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a
comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business
solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and
generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue. Come join
our team where we help you make it! COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR
CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS We're continually updating our
safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection
of--our candidates, associates and customers.--From using sanitized
interview rooms and social distancing--to providing masks and
gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace
efforts include--COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our
facilities and safety barriers in select locations in--our
production facilities. We're also providing robust support to our
customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts
to detailed reopening materials.-- US Foods--is proud to have
donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to
help our--local communities make it. Learn more-- here .
Responsibilities The Vice President of Operations plays a critical
role for each site in helping the organization exceed industry
benchmarks and provide a consistent, reliable service experience to
our customers. This role will deliver operational excellence across
safety, quality, cost to serve and customer experience, acting as a
key change leader driving performance. The VPO must partner
effectively with cross-functional peers to create a culture of
continuous improvement, rapidly implement, and drive enterprise
best practices. Clearly establish a plan and proactively manage the
priorities for the operations team.
- Absorb direction from above (e.g., RVPO, AP) and the side
(Sales, Merch, Finance, HR, etc.), filter most important priorities
and establish a 3-year plan and short-term objectives.
- Clearly communicate and cascade key objectives to Operations
team (direct reports and team overall) and peer/key site leaders as
- Ensure rigorous tracking and accountability for achieving
goals. Elevate the role and impact of supply chain on overall
- Work with key partners to build support for objectives and
align around mutual goals to achieve overall business results.
- Be willing to take a stand for what is right, even if it
conflicts with others' point of view.
- Build credibility through high levels of execution (e.g., on
time delivery, keep commitments). Ensure a strong safety culture
and drive reduction in accidents and injuries.
- Role model and emphasize the importance of safety even when
under time and other business pressures.
- Create accountability for compliance with all safety procedures
- Reduce AFR & IFR. Achieve cost per case targets while ensuring
an optimal level of customer service.
- Implement efficiency and productivity improvements in
partnership with cross-functional leaders to minimize and
proactively manage customer impacts (e.g., day over day
- Manage staffing proactively to balance labor cost and service
- Use data to take informed actions to improve performance and
help others understand the implications of key decisions. Build a
high performing team and engaging work environment.
- Partner with RVPO and HR to objectively evaluate direct reports
against relevant Success Profiles and build talent upgrade
- Attract and hire educated, motivated growth oriented A player
- Build personal relationships with managers and supervisors to
foster engagement and retention.
- Invest in developing direct reports and support them in
developing drivers and selectors. Drive standardization while
instilling a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Shepherd key supply chain strategies and initiatives from the
center to help drive standardization.
- Introduce and educate others on how to use now tools,
technology and systems.
- Create accountability to drive consistent implementation and
- Always be coaching on ways to improve performance, efficiency
and productivity. SUPERVISION
- Supervises warehouse managers and supervisors and is
responsible for an overall employee base of 40 - 485
- For sites where the Vice President of Operations is the most
senior leader, also supervise other functional areas located in the
facility. RELATIONSHIPS Internal :
- Interacts with regional Vice President of Operations, Area
Presidents, and other functional leaders (Sales, Merchandising,
Human Resources, Finance) External :
- OSHA Qualifications Education/Training :
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field Related
- Warehouse and/or transportation experience
- Distribution industry experience
- Experience across multiple roles, functions and/or
- Has l ed an organizational change, preferably a
- Team development leadership, including remote employee
- Operated effectively in a matrixed environment
- Managed in a union environment Knowledge/Skills/Abilities :
- Business Unit Mindset: thinks about the total business;
connects the dots. Overall business results guide
- Change Leadership: casts a compelling vision of the future,
inspires others and overcomes resistance to change. Eager to build
a better future.
- Financial Analysis/Business Acumen: dissects the P&L to
analyze business performance, determine root causes and take
appropriate corrective actions to drive results.
- Influence/Communication Skills: clearly articulates what is
important and brings others to their point of view while listening
well and being responsive to concerns. Effectively influences up,
down (to the production workforce) and across.
- Coaching/Mentoring: develops new skills, mindsets and
capabilities of their members. Blends support with accountability
and challenging others to grow.
- Collaboration: navigates competing priorities, while
maintaining a spirit of partnership. Seeks way to help others be
- Learning Agility: quickly adapts to changes, adjusts approach
and learns new skills.
- Network Optimization: uses local knowledge to optimize supply
chain network with the lowest total cost structure.
- Labor Management: optimizes staffing to balance cost with
productivity and service levels.
- Partner with Logistics: works collaboratively to maximize the
movement of product.
- Food Safety: understands and reinforces proper food safety
policies and procedures. Connects the dots between food safety and
- Customer Insight/Perspective: empathizes with customers and
considers impact of operational approaches and decision on the
customer experience. EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status Options Apply for this
job online Apply Share Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the
right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to
- Share this job on your Social Network! - More Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Food Services of America, Inc., Springfield , Vice President of Operations, Executive , Spokane, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!