Grower Support Manager
Company: Vital Farms
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Finding the right place to grow your career isn't (over) easy,
so we're here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is
greener at Vital Farms. We think you'll appreciate our focus on
Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit
all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You
might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for
the "way things have always been done." Or you could find it
exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading
brand. Whether you're into our values, our brand, or our
egg-cellent puns, we hope you'll join our Crew and help us change
the world 108 square feet at a time!Are the kind of person that
can't decide if you like working with people or hens more? Are you
an experienced leader that likes to dig in and help get the job
done? Do you find yourself wondering how to make happy hens produce
even better? Last question---do you love sustainable agriculture?
You should a part of our team as our new Grower Support Manager!
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Grower Support
Manager will be responsible for closely monitoring flock
performance data and, using this data, supporting members of the
Grower Support team. The Grower Support team works closely with
each one of our growers to support them as they care for their hens
to ensure they are happy, healthy and reaching their full
potential. What You'll Do:
- Monitor all grower production data in relation to breed
standard to proactively identify deviations from target.
- Provide regular coaching and support to Grower Support crew.
Train and onboard new Grower Support crew members.
- Monitor Grower Support and Compliance schedules to ensure
targets are met.
- Work with nutrition partners and SQF Practitioner to review all
quality measures weekly.
- Monitor pullet quality, rearing conditions, and placement
timelines and provide support to Pullet Coordinator.
- Attend regular meetings with Growers, and other stakeholders to
support educational and community engagement initiatives. What You
Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Poultry Science or Animal Science
- Minimum of 5 years poultry management experience
- Must be willing to live 1-2 hours from processing facility
- Shell egg production experience preferred but not
- Knowledge of avian diseases preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management
- You're no hero - You know the power of teamwork and celebrate
the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t - You believe in acting like an owner and
making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards - You know growth can be hard, but you
strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else's boots - You seek to understand
other's viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by
sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don't walk on eggshells - You're not afraid to leave the
bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations. What's in it for
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growthVital
Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious,
high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide.
We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20
Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable
agriculture. Today Vital Farms THE leading producer of pasture
raised eggs, partnering with more than 200 family farms, and
selling into over 13,000 grocery stores around the country. We
believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy
business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our
stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers,
and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist
to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through
food.Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any
source other than directly from a candidate.In order to fulfill
Vital Farms mission to "bring ethically produced food to the
table," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives
to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed
to the principles of equal employment opportunities. To that end,
we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and
business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Vital Farms, Springfield , Grower Support Manager, Executive , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!