APAC Truck/Equipment Mechanic- Springfield, MO
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Job ID: - 480434Position OverviewThe Mechanic will be
responsible for performing all needed inspections and repairs on
Ready Mix Trucks, On-Highway End Dump Trucks, Tractors and
Trailers, and Heavy Construction Equipment in a safe, effective
manner.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists, as well as
hand and power tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as
transmissions, electric motors, drums, seals, hydraulic pumps,
valves, pistons, rods, gears, crankshafts, cylinder blocks,
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must
be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Directs workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with
assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Performs record keeping of time and parts used on the
- Plans work procedures and/or possible solutions such as part
redesign, substitution of material or parts and rearrangement of
parts or subassemblies.
- Performs general cleaning of work areas and maintenance
- Assists other maintenance department staff in performing the
duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties may be assigned. - Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
- Two year certificate from college or technical school.
Certificate or degree in heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Three to six months of heavy equipment maintenance experience
and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A or B, and
satisfactory driving record is preferred.Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Must possess valid DOT medical card if applicable.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set
forth by the US DOT. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Able to identify, define, and resolve problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions independently.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in
mathematical, written or oral form. -
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to equipment
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations
in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on
timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research,
evaluation, and repair completion.Physical RequirementsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Able to walk and stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; talk and hear.
- The ability use hands in order to handle or feel objects,
tools, or controls.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Able to climb ladders.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move 50-100 pounds. -Work
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.The statements included in this job
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the
job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. - Requirements for
this job are subject to modification by the Company and its
designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.What CRH -Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud
heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a
proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and
regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH is a
great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we
invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete
your online application and profile which will be sent directly to
the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the
CRH family!Follow Oldcastle Careers on -, -, -, -, -, - -and -!
-EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
-. -Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer.Oldcastle Materials -is part of the -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Springfield , APAC Truck/Equipment Mechanic- Springfield, MO, Engineering , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...