Regional Automation Process Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. Youll
feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our
work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxters products
and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in
clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered
significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.Together,
we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each
other. This is where you can do your best work. Join us at the
intersection of saving and sustaining lives where your purpose
accelerates our mission. SummaryThis position will be a part of the
Regional Process Engineering group with the responsibility of
supporting the Solution and Device Facilities in the US & CANADA.
It will require a solid understanding of theories and practices
utilized by other disciplines outside the primary area of
expertise. The use of standard engineering principles and technical
leadership will be required to resolve complex problems as well as
support, develop, and improve manufacturing processes. This role
will involve serving on cross-functional teams to investigate
operational deficiencies and to develop/implement improvements to
ensure more efficient/effective systems. The ability to interact
with all affected functional areas is required to drive the Baxter
principles of Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost and to ensure
alignment on our continuous improvement journey.Essential Duties
- Must be self-motivated, work independently and be able to
prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to support improvement
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations
and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Helps to establish baseline and target metrics for key
processes to drive cost-effective improvements.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect the
understanding of business objectives and cost implications.
- Provide guidance, support, and leadership through positive
interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Analyze site processes to understand opportunities where
engineering improvements could be implemented to drive VIPs (Value
- Investigate and analyze customer needs to develop innovation
that will drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost in a positive
- Perform and document process modifications and system
functional specification updates while adhering to documentation
and change control requirements.
- Optimization and or upgrade of Control (PLCs, HMIs, Servo
Drives, etc.), Mechanical Systems as well as Robotic operating
mechanisms that will support the overall business goals of the
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of equipment and processes in
a manufacturing environment
- Ability to multitask and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, and influencing
skills. The ability to drive change.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem-solving skills; ability
to analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work with all levels
of the organization, including direct and indirect labor.
- Excellent professional writing skills and ability to prepare
technical reports. Ability to clearly articulate information during
- Ability to understand regulatory guidelines.
- Must be recognized as a technical expert by peers and other
personnel within the business unit.
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology to
ensure all waste is understood and taken into consideration for
improvement opportunities. Lean Thinker.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office including Microsoft
- Experience in a regulated and Pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing
Practice (cGMP) environment is preferred.
- Experience in computer-aided design such as AutoCAD (2D and
3D), Solid Works, and Pro-E solid modeling systems.
- Must be able to work alone and drive accountabilityRequired
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Automation/Mechatronics
- 5 -10 years of related experience in a manufacturing
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting robotics, PLCs,
vision inspection, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- In-depth understanding of Pharmaceutical Solution and Device
Manufacturing at the process level
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment writing and
reviewing validation and change control documentation
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory
guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills
(for OUS positions) and Spanish and/or Portuguese preferable (for
- Travel requirements: 50% in Home Facility, 50% travel within
the US/Canada region as well as assigned site
OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter
evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency PolicyReasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed
to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to
individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice. 042385
Keywords: BAXTER, Springfield , Regional Automation Process Engineer, Engineering , Yellville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!