iOS Engineer [Remote]
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
* Team Player. You enjoy discussing solutions or bouncing ideas off
of team members. Growing your knowledge and sharing it are
something you enjoy in your work environment. You also enjoy
experimenting and are enthusiastic about new tech.
* Architecture is key. You are a strong believer in architecture
and making sure that the code we write can easily be tested and is
well documented. You not only look for the solution but the best
one that fits any scenario and you're willing to take on any
* You've worked on an app that's lived on the App Store for a
period of time. Whether you released an app on your own or with a
team, you understand what it's like to have users and the
responsibility that comes with that. You are comfortable in a
source code environment backed by a distributed version control
system - we use git.
* You know how to test. You know your code may not be perfect but
you have experience writing unit tests to help build confidence
that what you write is stable. You also can describe what kind of
automated tests can be used and how to apply them to complex
* Threading and concurrency in UIKit using GCD and Operations in
Swift are clear to you. You can clearly explain asynchronous
options, understand how they run under the hood, and are able to
choose the best option given the task. You never dead lock on race
* You have a complete understanding of Apple's recommended coding
standards. Apple provided frameworks are all common knowledge to
you and you have a preference for those libraries before utilizing
third party ones.
* Experience developing user interfaces to support multiple device
sizes using Storyboards, Size Classes and Auto-Layout
* In-depth knowledge of at least one of these frameworks:
AVFoundation, MapKit, CoreLocation
* Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization
* You have been involved in the release process of iOS applications
through the App Store
* Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions,
factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer
* Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness
reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12
weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available to meet during the core business meeting hours
of 9:00AM - 3:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent
collaborating with team members in this time zone.
* Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens.
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and
other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Springfield , iOS Engineer [Remote], Engineering , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!