Posted on: August 7, 2022
Seeking a compassionate and reliable individual to serve as an
Collections Specialist at our location in Springfield, MO. We are
looking for an assertive and competent take charge Collections
Specialist to contact clients to collect outstanding payments. Our
Collections Specialist should exhibit professionalism,
trustworthiness, and willingness to jump in and contribute
immediately. You should have excellent communication and
negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
This is a phone-intensive position ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts - Investigate
historical data on a needed basis to resolve outstanding
- Find and contact insurance and clients to ask about their
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments.
- Appeal denials, and underpayments.
- Resolve all AR billing related issues.
- Update account status records and collection efforts.
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable
- Proven experience of at least 1-3 years as a DME Collection
Specialist or similar role
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress - Excellent communication
skills (written and oral)
- This position requires an assertive individual that is willing
to fight with insurance companies to obtain payments.
- Problem-solving skills
- High school diploma; Associate's/Bachelor's degree is a
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity
and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all employment
practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence,
compensation, benefits, and training. National HME makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time.PI185480266
Keywords: Confidential, Springfield , Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Springfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!