Business Office Director
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Pegasus Senior Living Business Office Director
Spokane, WA 99223
Position Summary:-- Coordinates and manages financial operations
and human resource oversight for the Community. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to: ensuring the proper implementation
of sound internal controls; interfacing with the Executive Director
and the Department Managers to effectively manage the budget and
help identify financial and personnel areas which may need
attention; identify and implement procedures which will enhance the
fiscal and personnel operations of the Community. With the support
and guidance from the Community Support Center, responsible for
general accounting, purchasing, billing, accounts receivable,
accounts payable, human resources, payroll, and administrative
support as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-- The following duties are
normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as
exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and
- Prepares and monitors all monthly billing and collection
processes utilizing established policies, procedures, and tracking
- Oversees cash controls including the depositing and posting of
- Ensures that the resident move-in and move-out process is
managed effectively, and corresponding information is entered into
the accounting system timely. Assists with contract process to
ensure all paperwork is complete and fees paid prior to
- Payroll - Verifies and submits timecards for bi-weekly payroll.
Track vacation/sick time earned/taken for all Community personnel.
Ensures that all payroll information submitted for processing has
been reviewed and follows Company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and oversees the timely processing of accounts
- Ensures appropriate assignment of departmental expenses and
supporting documentation is executed and maintained.
- Coordinates the processing and communication of employee
- Maintains resident, vendor, employee, and financial accounting
- May be required to act as an Interim Executive Director, as
needed, to provide support and leadership to the community.
- Expected to be a subject matter expert and/or trainer on PSL
key operating systems.
- Manage Accounts Receivable (AR) - Responsible for collecting
amounts due from others for services rendered. Specific functions
include preparing and processing invoices and collecting delinquent
accounts in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor. Human Resource
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage
and hour laws.
- Partners with the P&C CSC Business partners on
implementation of HR initiatives and programs and the execution of
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to
(i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations, if applicable, and OSHA,
- Maintains records required by licensing agencies and tracks
state requirements as indicated for training, certifications,
- Partners with the P&C CSC Business partners on all
employment practices issues to ensure equitable compliance of PSL
policies and procedures.
- Coordinates new hire process for Community new hires, including
but not limited to, state required reports, new hire paperwork and
new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Support Community leaders in educating associates on and
enforcing company policies.
- Organize, maintain, and audit Community HRIS personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Educational Requirements and Experience:--
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and/or Accounting with
one-year experience as an Accountant, or Associates degree in
Business Management and/or Accounting with two to three years'
experience, or Three to five years of experience in a related
field. Strong preference for a candidate with one to two years'
experience in accounts receivable or bookkeeping in the long term
care or healthcare industry. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:--
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in
the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios,
and proportions to practical situations.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel.
Ability to use email and the Internet. Ability to use accounting
and payroll software.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior
- Interacts with guests, residents, and staff in a courteous and
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Manages people effectively by taking responsibility for
subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides
regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth; Improves processes, products, and services.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and
others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Must be detail oriented and complete tasks accurately.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Springfield , Business Office Director, Accounting, Auditing , Spokane, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!